Friday, February 13, 2015

Scholarship Hunting

Over the past few years, after SPM and after my foundation studies, I've been scholarship hunting as to get financial aid for my studies. I went to countless (okay I'm exaggerating) interviews and also went through countless forms to fill in.

Alhamdulillah, today I'm continuing my studies with a scholarship and I'm happy with it.

So I remembered after SPM, I applied for three scholarships, they were PETRONAS, YTN and UEM.

I was offered the chance to attend the PETRONAS Eduquest in UTP that time, I applied to study Chemical Engineering in UTP if I'm not mistaken. I rejected the chance, since I thought UTP is so far from home. Come to think of it, it was simply childish. Haha, however, it's all in the past now.

I was also offered the chance to attend the YTN camp, however, again, I turned down the chance, since I don't want to further my studies in UNITEN. Because, I just don't want to haha.

I wasn't shortlisted for UEM however. I have no comment, and I don't really care since I didn't have any intention of going overseas anyways. Also, I wrote crap in the application form for the topic why I want to study engineering.

Then, after my foundation studies, I applied for a few scholarships namely MyBrainSc, MREPC and JPA scholarships.

Alhamdulillah, I excelled for MyBrainSc and was actually offered the scholarship on conditional base, I need to obtain a place in Chemistry, in any university. But I didn't unfortunately, as I had my heart set for Chemical Engineering, so yeah goodbye MyBrainSc.

Then, I attended MREPC scholarship's interview which was an invaluable experience. I was interviewed by the company's big shots. Like seriously, it was awesome. I was actually up there with those corporate people. I was interviewed for around 45 minutes, unfortunately, I wasn't qualified for the scholarship.

However, I loved the feeling of being able to actually go through a difficult interview, imagine being interviewed by the top people of the company. Mind you, it was really exhilarating. They were friendly, and I believed, from their tone of voices, I can tell they were impressed with my academical backgrounds. It wasn't my day back then.

Then lastly, I applied for JPA, I didn't get it the first time. So I emailed a formal letter of appeal, and Alhamdulillah, I got it the second time out.

I was quite frustrated at first when I didn't get the JPA scholarship since almost all of my classmates obtained it. I remembered clearly the first day of the second semester when a friend of mine told me that the appeal's results were out, just when I was going to apply for Shell using my first semester's results, Alhamdulillah, my appeal was successful.

And for that, I am forever grateful. Alhamdulillah.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, these are the latest(2018) account for the UEM scholarship Experience(SPM Leavers)

    1st Stage Interview:
    http://deiconic.blogspot.com/2018/07/uem-scholarship-1st-stage-interview.html

    2nd Stage Interview:
    http://deiconic.blogspot.com/2018/07/uem-scholarship-2nd-interview.html

    ReplyDelete