Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Throwback Entry

I'm in my holidays now and I just feel like writing about my school days, my ups and downs, my everything.

Everything began on one fine day (can't remember the exact date), I got my UPSR results, and things were looking up and I thought, everything's gonna be fine. Everything that I've been dreaming of finally began to click in place when I got an offer letter from KPM. Alhamdulillah, I was offered a place in an infamous boarding school, Sekolah Sultan Alam Shah.

I was exhilarated, I cannot lie. It was the place, many leaders were born, and it's the place, that I've been wanting to be in since I started Standard 6. That was it, my dream school. I was also happy that my friends also got into elite boarding schools, MCKK, STAR, SDAR.

So I enrolled, I was loving life there on the first day. But who am I to go against God's will, I was left ruing my decision to enter the school, and after a week there, I left. Yes, a bold decision. But, for that decision being made already, I'm forever grateful and I may not be where I am today if not for that decision.

Yes people say, I might be better if I stayed, but they conveniently left out the fact that I might be struggling after school. Yes, they did. So I settled for the 'lesser' SMK near my house. And, after five years there, it wasn't so bad.

I learned about life there. I had great friends which without them, I might not be who I am today. I had great teachers, who showed me the path, and always providing guidance and support whenever I need them. And to that I say, Alhamdulillah.

And today, I stand, as one of the students of Chemical Engineering, University of Malaya, Alhamdulillah. I may not be here if it wasn't for the bold decision I made few years back. And I may not be here, if it wasn't for that 'lesser' SMK Putrajaya Presint 8 (1). And I may not be here, if it wasn't for my teachers and friends, who fought the war with me for five years.

And lastly, Alhamdulillah for my parents. Who totally gets me, and are always there to support me. When I'm feeling down, or just the times when I need someone to just pat my shoulder and say, everything's gonna be fine.

So to you people out there, SMK, SBP or MRSM, wherever you are, make the most out of it. And remember, it's your efforts that counts. Work your butts off, and one day, you will be at the place that you want to be. Put your past mistakes as your experience, and don't let them bring you them.


2 comments:

  1. Woahh, senior sklh 8(1). Yep, no matter what school you go to, none of it matters anymore in university.

    Saya pun lepasan 8(1) (spm 2014) n still miss the school very much ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy hahaha yes 8(1). SPM 2011. Sorry dah lama sangat tak bukak blog ni. Yes sometimes missing the school so much. I cannot express my gratitude to the school enough for who I am today.

      Delete